• • • We've Moved!> • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Bit of a bitty week...

•
Hmmmm... well, it's only my third post in and I feel like I've not got anything SUPER MEGA EXCITING to share with anyone. Hooray for anyone reading this week - unlucky, you could've wasted your time somewhere else ;-) guess this is the joy of blogging... must keep thinking of stuff to waffle about!

I have done loads this week, mainly tying up loose ends, like I'd planned to do - I had articles to finish writing and adverts to finish designing but I'll share these once they're up where they should be. I had some exciting phone calls this week: two Brides to be, one of which I'm off to meet tomorrow and also a booking for a birthday party in a few days time. I've also been chatting about a big warehouse party which is coming up soon there is also a bondage shoot in the pipeline - Mr.Flashy simply cannot contain his excitement!

Technical issues this week included a website which died... the day after putting a load of event photos up for everyone to see. You can imagine the level of chuffedness I experienced there. A geeky friend of mine also came round to help fix my Outlook which had stopped syncing emails on 3 devices which got a bit confusing to say the least. All fixed now = happy organised Flukey :-D

I've also been putting together a wedding album to add to my collection to show to clients. I've found with my particular style, showing an album to a potential customers really helps reinforce whether I'm the right photographer for their big day. I tell stories and my albums show this.

As for images, I've not shot any Fluke stuff this week. I had a studio shoot on but alas, the snow meant it was postponed as my client couldn't make it in but the images I shot for In Liverpool last week for This Lady Loves at their Supporting Women in Business Day went up online (before the big website crash) - so I do have some stuff to share with you and you can see them here.

Highlight of the week was reading all the lovely comments from Exhibit J when I sent over the edited photos she chose from the studio shoot we did together shortly before Christmas. Fashion photography really isn't something I feel competent in but when she told me she had arranged some time in a massive studio space at Chester Uni, I looked forward to another collaboration with her. She had styled herself with a 'Girl with a Dragon Tattoo' look - I hadn't seen the film so had to google it afterwards but after seeing the contacts and sending me her choices, she suggested editing them in black and white. I couldn't quite get that to work (she mainly ended up looking like a head and two loose arms) and I felt it would be such a waste of that lovely red lipstick she was wearing - so with google images by my side as reference to the film, I attempted to create a mix of slightly desaturated, film noir effects to edit her chosen images with.

This is my favourite from the set:


The rest of the images can be see on her blog www.exhibitj.co.uk.

In return for her sorting out the space, it was then my turn to get in front of the camera. She had never shot in a studio environment before so I helped by being slightly nutty in front of the camera for her ;-) I'm sure these photos will be revealed soon along with an interview on my own personal style - eeeeeek!

Anyway, I've managed to waffle a fair bit there. Hope everyone has a tip top week x

Facebook
Twitter
www.flukephotography.co.uk


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

• • WE'VE MOVED - Click above! • •