Well there I was thinking January would be
a time for catching up, but this first week has been bloody mental! Since Sunday through to Tuesday I have been answering loads of enquiries: weddings, club nights, dinner
dances, gigs and promo shoots. I know that not every enquiry leads to work but a few have been secured already if this carries on then I feel that 2013 could
be a promising one for little Flukey poos :-)
This week has had me working in Liverpool
mainly, which is nice because I think I'd like to end up over that way eventually. I covered the Supporting Women in Business Day with This Lady Loves at the Hilton hotel where there were guest speakers, workshops and stands and whilst
working I also picked up some great advice from some really inspirational
women. I’ve had meetings with venues and event companies both in Chester and Liverpool that I could
potentially be working with in the future – not counting my chickens yet but
meetings have gone pretty well and finished off the week photographing a gig at
the Lomax where I saw a few great acts: Gary Edward Jones, Brazen Goods
and Pretty Silhouettes.
Today has been mainly editing (which you will soon find out - if you don't already know, is NOT my favourite part of the job haha. I hate sitting at my computer all day) from the
events above but I also found some time to go through the photographs I shot in
the studio with Exhibit J just before Christmas.
I'll be uploading the This Lady Loves event photos tomorrow as I still want to have a check through them and I'll share the Exhibit J photos once Jane puts them on her blog but I thought I'd share a shot of Bruno, the lead singer, of Brazen Goods - the rest of the set can be seen here: Brazen Goods