It was around this time last year when I handed my notice in at yet another 'decent' and secure 'career' type job as my sanity was being tested and I just couldn't take it - even though the intention of getting this job was a 'short-term get yourself out of the sh#t' kinda thing, I still couldn't take it there and had to get out pronto! I've never been very good at sticking at things that don't feel right - seems like a waste of life!
So here I was, notice handed in just before leaving the office for New Year and with only a few more weeks of January left I had no job to go to and a bank account still massively on the wrong side of zero! The question I kept asking myself - did I actually have the balls? Would I be able to do it? What about a part time job for some kind of security? Nope, it was actually time to set up my own business. Balls out, chin up, let's go! Eeeeek!
We're in January now, nine months after setting up as a sole trader and although I've not got many bookings this month, I'm not fretting about it and am using the time to work on the business rather than in it - it's easy to get carried away with whatever comes in and sometimes you just need to stop and think where do I want to be going with this? Taking control innit ;)
I also decided it would be a perfect time to start a blog - resolutions and all that, not only to share what I'm doing now with people but also to celebrate what I've achieved since that moment of madness this time last year just so that I know, in moments of doubt, or when I'm feeling down, that I can actually kick some ass if I put my mind to it.
I look forward to going through what I've done in the last year (I'll add bits from 2012 when I can) and also sharing the next steps of my flukey journey with you x