Due to the snow we had on Wednesday meant a headshot I had on had to be postponed and then Saturday's event in Liverpool decided they no longer required a photographer that night. The joys of being self employed hey!
I've had a productive week nonetheless and Saturday night's cancellation meant I could go out and have some fun with my friends. Hooray!
I've rearranged the headshot for tomorrow and before that I'll be meeting with an event company to discuss providing them with future photography - wish me luck! And I've also got another meeting with another event organiser on Tuesday too - so please keep your fingers crossed for me there as well - eeeek!
Despite the lack of flashing this week, I'm pleased to say I've teamed up with the lovely guys at Lumisi Solutions4Business in Chester and will be photographing their events from now on. I also had a lovely chat with Dave from Dave Williams Photography who I have worked with before and am pleased to say I'll be supporting him at some of his summer weddings later this year. It feels good to be asked back and be trusted to help him support his well established business - plus we have a giggle when we work together and his customers always have great things to say when he has me on board!
I also went to look at a potential studio space in Liverpool. It would be very exciting to have a base over there and would kick start my move over there - let's see what happens hey :)
Meetings have been arranged with two couples whose weddings I will be photographing in April and I'm really pleased to say that both have 'upgraded' their service from me on the day. One couple has added extra albums to their order and the other couple have decided they'd like to have me the whole day now instead of the half day they originally booked because they really like the party photos they've seen since getting to know me over the past few months so I'm really touched that I'll get to spend the whole day with them now. Happy Fluke :) :) :)
Final preparations for the Grange Wedding Fayre have been taking place this week too. I ordered some new sample albums for this and one arrived this week - it looks so pretty with its shiny metal cover, god knows how I'll keep it fingerprint free though. Looking forward to the other album arriving which I've designed with a sexy perspex cover - oooh yeah. I also use my iMac as a slideshow on my wedding fayre stand and the wedding fayre contract said I needed any electrical items PAT testing which I sorted this week too - not very glam but as this is now my full time employment I have to cover my arse with the Health & Safety people. Whilst I was at it, I got my lovely new Studio kit tested too so hopefully I won't electrocute myself and the lovely guys at KDE in Frodsham did a super speedy and fantastic job for me. I'd highly recommend them!
I decided to launch a Valentine's competition this week too - one lucky couple can win their wedding photography for FREE! If you know anyone tying the knot this year, please be so kind as to forward the details on to them. Please visit www.flukephotography.co.uk/win-your-wedding-photography for more information.
Finally in between all of this, I've been continuing with editing the images from Tom & Libby's wedding a couple of weeks ago. Every time I work on these, I smile - I'm so pleased with them and know that they're going to absolutely love them. I'm hoping to have them finished by the end of this week. I don't want to give too much away but here's another cheeky sneak peek from the day of the couple stealing a quick kiss on their way out of the town hall :)
Hope you've all enjoyed reading what I've been up to this week. Catch you next week xxx