• • • We've Moved!> • • • • • • • • • • • • •

At war with shelves

•
...yes really. The office space I made last year was slowly becoming an obstacle course with wedding albums, studio lights, portfolio boxes, photography books etc so I decided it was time to hit up Ikea, my favourite place in the world: the hub of screaming children. I took my mum along for moral support too. Never in my life have I seen such wonktastic shelves. Seriously, the first attempt at these shelves was shocking - lesson: don't attempt to build anything large on the landing or on carpet - I couldn't believe that all these seemingly straight bits of wood could result in something so not straight! Anyhoo, after disassembling, taking downstairs and doing it again in the kitchen with its open space and flat carpet free environment - I have shelves, which has resulted in floor on my floor - YES! No more hop, skipping and jumping over my valuables. My floor is floor shaped again - HURRAH!

Anyway, I suppose you'd like to know about some photography rather than my battles with shelving so this is what I've been up to since my last post:

Me and Grandmaster Flashy got all painty at the Holi Festival of Colour at Platt Fields Park in Manchester. As you can see, it got pretty messy.


After posting this picture, so many people were like 'oh my god, that poor camera' - well you know what, to me life is way more important than possessions. Cameras can be replaced, insured but what about experiences and memories? I saw photographers standing at the side, wrapped in carrier bags with their telephoto lenses. My moto is 'the best way to capture the action... is to be part of it!' and too bloody right, I got right in there and came out with some fantastic images. The mummified photographers with their telephoto lenses surely got some nicely isolated dreadlocked dudes framed by clouds of colourful bokehhhhhh from their long distance lenses, but you know what I got...

Fucking fantastic images, that's what:



















As well as getting covered in paint, this week I have attended a book keeping course... rock n roll but it's got to be done - especially when you're as pants as I am with numbers. 

I also had the pleasure of photographing a very beautiful, intimate wedding at the Double Tree Hilton in Chester on Friday. It was nice as I'd been able to recommend other trusted suppliers to the couple  (Kelvin from City Stylist & Amie from Scarlett Lily Flowers) who lived down south but were marrying in Chester so they could be with their family so I felt we worked as a little team to make someone's day really perfect. I've no pictures or sneak previews to share just yet as I always like to leave it a day or two before reviewing my wedding photographs - sounds a bit odd, I'm sure, as I guess most people would want to see them right away but personally I like to let my own memories from the day fade so I can see which photos best represent the day when I get to the editing room floor so I guess I'll have some to share by my next post.

Right, busy day for me tomorrow so I'll say bye now and wish you all a lovely week :D

Facebook
Twitter
www.flukephotography.co.uk






• • WE'VE MOVED - Click above! • •