• What a super lovely drive over to Deganwy last Monday. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, the tunes were booming out of my little Fluke mobile. It really didn't seem like I was driving to work. I eventually arrived at the stunning Quay Hotel in Deganwy and was offered a glass of bubbly and some rather tasty canapes. Again... still didn't seem like work - the West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce certainly know how to organise a do.
After a spot of networking, Chris Russell, who is currently training for the Rio 2016 Olympics, gave a short presentation on success and the similarities between the traits of small business owners and athletes. After hearing this, I hoped that I'd no longer need to make excuses for not going to the gym as I was now likened to a fit athlete... unfortunately, it transpired that this too, was another excuse. Ho hum. Nice try eh?
Anyway, it seems like we can all learn quite a bit from athletes and I'd suggest listening to him talk should you ever get the chance. Inspirational fella. Wishing him all the luck in his training and hope to see him in the Rio 2016 games. Follow his progress here: http://chrisrussell2012.wix.com/chrisrussellsailing