• So I'd read of this super badass club in New York called Verboten (meaning 'forbidden' in German) some time ago and thought it sounded incredibly awesome - when I found out that Matt would be playing there on the last leg of his trip, I was like, fuck yeah, I'm so taking Grandmaster Flashy dancing with me. The club was just so much what clubbing should be that it isn't so much these days (in my experience) - you know: trashy-cool decor, decent underground music with well groomed and interesting people who are still super friendly! YES! Doesn't sound like too much to ask for but believe me, that combination seems to be a rare find over here these days... seems to me that if you get decent music, the only clubs that play it, are often a bit of a dive; or if the people look good and have made a bit of an effort, they're too busy looking cool or acting like pretentious twats to actually enjoy themselves and speak to each other without bitching or if the people are nice to you, they're typically clubbing veterans who've had one gary too many in their time and look a little worse for wear - not that that's a bad thing but it's nice to have the combination right how I believe it should be!
Seeing as the photos were totally for fun, I let rip just how I wanted the photos to be - just getting the vibe, minimal posing and no trickery - the club was busy enough so I didn't have to fill in the gaps with light trails to make the place look full, just good old fashioned documentary clubbing photos of people having a fucking awesome time. I hope you enjoy looking just as much I enjoyed flashing that evening :)