• The weather wasn't looking promising all last week but I kept my fingers crossed for Clare and Paul's wedding at the Double Tree in Chester on Friday as they'd planned to have their ceremony outside by the pagoda. Though when I arrived to photograph Clare's morning preparations, it was still a bit touch and go. At the last minute, the venue decided not to take the risk and made the decision to set up the ballroom for the ceremony - as nobody really wants a soggy wedding, do they?!
It was a lovely ceremony - I think both parties were on the verge of tears and literally as soon as they came out for their champagne reception by the conservatory, the hot sun broke out through the blanket of grey clouds and made for a very warm and sticky afternoon. It was a shame not to have the ceremony outside as they'd hoped but as we found out that afternoon doing the couple's portraits and group shots, it would've ended up being a bit too hot if everyone was outside for the duration.
We got some lovely and very sweet photos out on the grounds, as you can see below and I think the bouquet toss was the funniest I've ever done with a little girl totally adamant that she'd catch it, which of course she did, finishing up with a little victory run across the lawn. I'll share some more once the couple have had some time to enjoy them themselves first.