• I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas / Holiday time (if you don't celebrate). It's time for a little round up of all the best bits of last year before I crack on with all the exciting things planned for 2015 (ahem, after I've done my accounts, of course, eeeek).
It's such an awesome reminder (to myself) of all the things I squeezed into one year - I have a bit of a goldfish brain ya see, but I also believe it's super important to practice gratitude in life. It's one of the key ingredients to being irritatingly happy (like me most of the time), so as well as being grateful for all the lovely people I got to work with last year (you rock and will get a personal thank you from me), I'm grateful for the experiences, the lessons and the life this career brings me. I said at the start of 2014 that 'this would be my year' with fist pumps, bum wiggles and everything, of course meaning that I'd totally own it and kick ass to infinity and beyond. 'My Year' still came... but in the shape of totally deconstructing back to bare bones and starting from scratch again from lots of testing little lessons and experiences - some were a little WTF?? at the time but you know what, I'm so pleased I had them, even with the tears and the RAHHHHS, I still kicked ass and am sooooo f*cking going to own 2015... I'm keeping my plans under an extravagant hat for now. You'll just have to watch this space...and hope you'll be on the superfantasticamazeballs adventure with me. If not, meet you at the pub afterwards ;)
Hope your 2015 is full of love, luck and smiles xxx
Here's a little round up of FlukePhotography's year in photos...
Achievements and Proudness
I was super touched to have not only been nominated for an Enterprise Vision Award but actually made it as a finalist for creative industry of the year. I was invited for dinner and awards at the very grand Blackpool Winter Gardens along with looooads of other business women. I didn't win but felt very lucky to have even got that far so early on in my career.
It's only a crappy iphone photo but you can see how posh it was. Thank you for making me feel so special!
I also got featured in Business Matters Magazine with the loveliest of write ups about how I got into business as a flasher... I mean photographer ;)
PR & Marketing Photography
I did a lot more work directly with PR companies in 2014 as well as continuing to help local companies and individuals make an impression on their clients with their PR and Marketing photographs.
One of the highlights was being invited to the House of Commons for afternoon tea with NOISE Festival along with a load of creative peeps. Here's one with illustrator Gerald Scarfe and some of his favourite young illustrators. It was a most exciting day. I think I used up my phone within an hour with all the tweetting and instagramming I did that day!
I got to work with celebs from Hollyoaks, local MPs and sports stars from the Olympics and the footy at the launch of North West Triathlon event Tri-Liverpool with Chellew Productions. It was a proper pap fest but I used my smallness and cheeky smile to get the shots I needed.
I was running about in the cold wind and rain with tons of crazy kids at the Go Run for Fun Event in Manchester with Olympic Athlete, Jenny Meadows, INEOS and Gardiner Richardson. It made me realise I need to do more exercise to keep up. Maybe I'll add that to this year's list ;)
I followed a very dynamic musical theatre production called Beat in the Mersey at the Cunard Building in Liverpool for Liverpool's International Festival of Business 2014. I even learned a bit of history that day.
And read about their rebrand to Giant Manufacturing Company here
I got to do some PR photos for some superstar DJs last year too including BBC Radio Wales DJ Adam Walton who has recently published a very wonderful book called 'On making Music' which covers every aspect of making it in the music biz. He mainly needed the pics for the book but it's also super groovy to see them on the BBC website too!
I photographed a very camera-shy, up and coming DJ and producer, called N.A.N.C.Y who I believe, looking at her facebook, is much less camera shy these days and I'm going to take the credit for it, hehe. It's such a nice feeling helping people with things like this.
And I spent an afternoon shooting promotional products for less up and coming - more, been around for ages, DJ and producer King Unique for his KU in a Can. As you can imagine, for anyone who chooses to have a mini cuddly version of themselves made and put into tin cans, the afternoon was full of randomness and laughs. Considering it was a last minute job using absolutely no studio equipment at all, it worked out pretty well using two MacBooks and a life-size cardboard cut out astronaut as a reflector! Can't believe I'm giving away my trade secrets here ;)
Last year also involved a surprising amount of wine! I worked a couple of times with the lovely Richard from the Wine School of Cheshire (formerly Chester Wine School) and because we've worked so well together, it's nice to be able to call him a friend now. It seems like a lot of my clients become friends. Eeeeek for feeling all nice and popular :D
Read more about our first shoot at the Abode in Chester here
And about our second shoot, after the re-brand, at Restaurant 1539 here
I also headed over to the grand opening of the very groovy Salut Wines in Manchester too, you should pop in if you're over there. They have these super groovy wine dispensing machines:
And finally one more with the Global Adventure Challenges team down in Nottingham's Sherwood Forest for Fright Hike, I was lurking in the trees late at night with Mr Flashy and a couple of grim reapers:
My cheery face and cheeky presence were also on hand to help at community events such as the Rural Community Services for OAPs in the area with ChesterVoluntary Action. This was a lovely afternoon organised for them at the Double Tree Hilton in Chester, which most of them still remember as the Old Hoole Hall:
The lovely (and bonkers) Melanie Bryan had me back for the North West Women's Enterprise event again. I've already been invited back to photograph again in 2015 too! I think they like me there!
Read more here and there's even a video here - see if you can spot me!
I also photographed a programme ran by Colgate for the local NHS dental healthcare teams at the Double Tree in Chester with VSM Healthcare:
I photographed a few of Lumisi's great Networking events around Chester:
Read about their April event at the Slow Boat here
Read about their May event at the White Horse here
Read about their September event at the Abode here
I also even began working with West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce in 2014 too. I photographed at their event at the Quay in Deganwy with speaker Chris Russell which just really didn't seem like work at all!
Paula and her super team had me back at both the Fresh PR and Creative Awards, which was awesome and great fun. I even got to go on stage too:
Seriously you need to read about what went on here
And even though I don't shout about this service, my reputation for making people feel super comfortable in front of the camera seems to spread far and wide, and book me for LinkedIn headshots:
I photographed Charley's 18th Hawaiian party (again, sort of dressed up in a beach theme... i couln't find my grass skirt but opted for mermaid leggings instead!)
I even ended up at the Full Moon Party in Thailand...
...but you'll just have to wait for those tales ;)
Weddings
I photographed some of the most beautiful weddings ever last year and I really feel super lucky to have been a part of them. Not only were they gorgeous, but they were all about the personalities, fun and having a bloody great time. It's nice to be chosen for weddings when you know you're just the right person for the job, being made to feel part of the day rather than just an addition... even better when the wedding is in a super lovely hot country too ;)
If you like what you see below, snap me up on my New Year Offer... but be quick!
Sarah and Steve
Abbeywood Gardens in near Delamere Forest in Cheshire in March. Their theme was elegant 1960s vintage with woodland magic and Spanish touches! This was just oh so much fun. I think Sarah had thought about every single beautiful detail and did it calmly and gracefully - no bridezilla in sight!
Their album was also one of my favourites to design as I was able to get super creative with their love of vintage.
I also really enjoyed their pre-wedding shoot at the blue planet aquarium... I'm glad he shaved for the wedding though :)
Rebecca and Amid
Danas Villas in Santorini, Greece in May. Their theme was simply island gorgeousness and a combination of cultures coming together. Bec and Amid originally from Sidney, Australia but had lived and worked in Chester for a few years so wanted to celebrate with their families from Aus but also with their UK friends so chose this stunning location for their wedding. Their wedding was also the first 'first-look' for me. Just look at Amid's face as he sees her <3
As they were both heading back to Australia after the wedding, we thought it might be a nice idea to do their engagement photos around Chester for them as a nice memory of such a beautiful city!
Becca and Rich
St Werburghs Chester and Moreton Hall, Oswestry in May. Another vintage theme with lace, chequered suits and an afternoon tea-party! Super cuteness all round! And really nice to see Steph and Rich there too - I photographed their wedding in 2013!
Michelle and Alun
St Gwenllwyfo Church and Tros yr Afon, Anglesey in June. What can I say - a dog in a suit, gun-metal grey theme and a helicopter plus some of the biggest smiles I've ever seen on what turned out to be one of the sunniest days of the year! Nice to see my friend Jane from Belissimo in charge of hair and make up for the day!
Clare and Paul
Doubletree Hilton, Chester in August. Sadly the looming black clouds prevented the outdoor ceremony they'd hoped for but it didn't stop this from being one of the cutest weddings - with the most tears ever in history, I think! It was also really nice to see my friends Gillian, from Kreative Hairdressing and Vicky from the Makeup Cheshire there too!
Katie and Sam
Bistre Church, Buckley and Mynydd Isa in August. Both lovers of slick design and a good old skank, they combined a festival on the farm vibe with 1920s art deco glamour. The party ended on a big high with Sam and his fellow DJ friends wrapping up the party with some Funkdub grooves!
Jo and Liam
Ness Gardens and Mere Brook House on the Wirral in September. Known as Bear and Monkey to their huge group of friends, their theme was fun, fun fun. A gorgeous day with their loved ones turned into giggles and carnage by the end of the night. Love, love, loved this wedding! Ace to see my friends Amie from Scarlett Lily Flowers and Amy from the Amyzing Cakery there too!
My awful wedded wives...
Not a wedding as such but a damn good bit of fun with some very juicy young ladies and the super talented Jane from Belissimo. It's nice to take the pressure off and have a bit of fun down the pub! Thanks to the Golden Eagle in Chester for letting us run havoc one afternoon :)